College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Pat White

Crumb's picture
May 15, 2014 at 5:23pm
18 Comments

I'm guessing you guys (DJ, Ramzy, and Co.) are all over it but just in case I thought I'd post that I just read that former West Virginia QB Pat White when he was being recruited by Alabama was offered a Corvette to go there. And in other news the sun shines in the day and the moon at night.

bigDbuck's picture

Damn. What the heck did WVU give him instead?

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

...two Corvettes?

MotownBuck's picture

With raccoon tails on their antennas 

Trotwood-Madison. Once a Ram, Always a Ram.

+4 HS
sharks's picture

Can you put Truck Nutz on a car?  They probably gave him those.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

How bout the CAR-B-QUE - you kill it ----------- then grill it

Hovenaut's picture

Flame resistant sofas.

Hate Week runneth over

+4 HS
Crumb's picture

RichRod couldn't promise a win over Toledo so what could he offer better than a Corvette.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
Scarlet-Gray's picture

Just want to point out that neither 247 or Rivals show White even receiving an offer from Alabama. Not to be the guy defending Bama, but why would they offer him a Corvette before a scholarship? Seems like White just jumping on the Derrick Henry  car issue.

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Nobody in the SEC wanted White as a QB, LSU came calling late as a WR offer but that's about it

+1 HS
Scarlet-Gray's picture

I think he was listed as an athlete coming out of high school, so I think very few imagined/offered him as a QB. I just have trouble jumping on this story and accepting his claim when he wasn't even getting offers from Bama.

BassDropper's picture

West Virginia QB Pat White when he was being recruited by Alabama was offered a Corvette to go there.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

What are the odds this actually gains traction?

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Crumb's picture

Well, when a reporter asked Saban about it today he responded with all the class in the SEC by inviting said reporter to smooch his posterior.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

did he say it in those exact words?

DIRECTIONER

HotSauceCommittee's picture

Smooch my posterior would have been classic!

Crumb's picture

I tried to keep it 'G' rated.