College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

TSUN and the hate

ab1993's picture
April 25, 2014 at 6:38pm
27 Comments

I see this all over and instead of replying to each comment I'll just address it here. This was brought up by me seeing a negative comment towards Mitch McGary (he plays for TSUN, good thing he got suspended, etc). I totally understand the hate for TSUN but I am disgusted by the amount of player hate I see on here or any OSU board for that matter. They're all just young men trying to achieve their lifelong dream and make a life for themselves. I wish the best for Stauskas, Denard Robinson, GR3, etc in their pro careers. Of course I never want them to beat us, but I never want them to personally fail in life. A lot of you on this board are grown men and I feel like a lot of you disregard that these players are human beings as well.

Hovenaut's picture

Hey, good luck to McGary...seriously.

And M...igan still sucks. Seriously.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+13 HS
lsjSnail's picture

I think you forgot that this is the internet. OSU beating UM is "them failing"

Don't take everything so seriously. 

+8 HS
route4buckeye's picture

So much derp going around here lately.

+4 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

I have a way bigger problem with the NCAA basically forcing McGary out the door than I do any trashtalk of a TTUN player on an Ohio State blog.

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

The NCAA isn't forcing McGary to do anything. McGary is the one who made the choice to put his eligibility at risk. Actions have consequences.

+4 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Actions have consequences, I get that. What Mitch did was stupid, but by suspending him for a full season the NCAA pretty much made his decision for him and I fail to see how it benefitted college basketball. 

Again, no. Mitch made his own decision. He is solely responsible for what has happened. He knew exactly what the rules were and what the consequences of getting caught breaking them were. Yet he still chose to take that risk. The full responsibility for what's occurred lies upon him.

+1 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

We can agree to disagree but you must be smoking jays if you think him staying at school and not being able to play was a realistic option. You're kind of twisting my words I know the responsibility lies with Mitch. I'm not defending what he did either I'm saying the punishment doesn't fit the crime and the result didn't benefit college basketball. Why does Spence get a 3 game suspension for doing a way harder and more dangerous drug while Mitch gets a full year for weed? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

+1 HS

It sounds like we may have been talking past one another a bit. Does the punishment suit the crime? I think you are correct that it probably does not.

+1 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Exactly it's the internet no one actually wants these kids to fail,unless it's against us. But it's more between fans I doubt these kids are on 11w taking in every negative thing said about them. It is cool that you actually care though.

Gooz-fra-bah...

+3 HS
mh277907's picture

Do I have your permission to root against Taylor Lewan? 

buckeyebobcat

+10 HS
clogan1032's picture

Permission granted...I can make it official and do a ceremonial style knighting if you like. 

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

LMAO @ Clogan.

osu407's picture

The #1 Ohio State vs #2 Michigan game was pretty much the perfect game of all time from my point of view. I'd much rather crush their dreams when they think they are best than when they think they are worst. I understand why people want them to lose every game but personally I want them to lose exclusively to OSU assuming nothing changes and we play them every year. 

+2 HS
faux_maestro's picture

I agree. BUT it WAS pretty satisfying to pound them those 3 years when RichRod was coaching. 

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

You mean to tell me that you didn't enjoy the Appalachian St and Toledo vs. TTUN games?

buckeyedexter's picture

I think a lot of that is just how we talk about sports.  Like when we say we want to "kill them", it means we just want to beat them by a lot of points, not that we want them to be dead IRL.

+2 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

why so serious? 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I'll be honest for a minute. When Braylon Edwards was drafted by my Brownies - I cheered for him and I wanted him to play great however I loved it when they'd play Hang On Sloopy just to annoy him. 

Whoa Nellie's picture

SL,

I knew we had a real M Man when the first thing he did when he got to town was set up a film production company to follow him around in his Bentley while he did his good deeds for the kids.  I mean, thanks for the good deeds, but if you have to film yourself doing them, I suspect it's not altruism at work.  When he started dropping everything thrown to him, and blaming it on everybody but himself, it was clear we had a poser. 

Hope it was OK to not like him then.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Seattle Linga's picture

No problem Nellie - great points - If memory serves me correctly - didn't we always hear about him on the Jugs machine and how year after year every off-season he would be "improving" he ability to catch the ball and work out for 42 hours every day but at the end of the day it never really made much of a difference. 

Whoa Nellie's picture

Yes, that's what we heard.  Gotta figure the problem was catching it near defenders eying him with bad intent. 

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

mr.green's picture

The unrelenting criticism of some Ohio State players by Buckeye fans bothers me more, frankly. And I don't give a damn for the whole state of michigan. 

+6 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

FAIL

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-3 HS