College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Robinson and Stauskas

raiderred's picture
April 15, 2014 at 3:30pm
16 Comments

Both declared that they are leaving. Looks like Wisconsin will be the team to beat in the Big 10

BucksFan2000's picture

Your auto-correct changed "Ohio State" to "Wisconsin".

+18 HS
raiderred's picture

I love Buckeye basketball as much as the next guy but it's hard not to say Wisconsin is the favorites for the big 10 next year. They return seven of their top eight players from a team that made the final four and was a two seed in the tournament. I do think Ohio State will be better then Michigan now though

+3 HS
Jack Fu's picture

Wisconsin is without question the team to beat in the Big Ten going into next season. They made the final four, were five seconds away from the title game, and they lose one of their top eight players. Basketball is crazy and someone in the conference may end up being better than them, but they're the favorite, and it's not close.

+2 HS
mh277907's picture

Yep, pretty much spot on with everything. UM will still be tough, though, with LeVert, Irvin, Walton and this Donnal kid who apparently was good enough to contribute late in the season but they decided it was too late to burn his redshirt. If McGary comes back healthy and they get some contribution from some freshmen, they will be pretty darn good. I hate feeling like we have to rely heavily on true freshman but unfortunately it is the situation we are in. Hopefully they step up right away.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

McGary might head to the NBA, too. He's gotta be kickin' himself that he didn't declare last year.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

ab1993's picture

Wisconsin should deservedly be the team to beat join going into next season, but I can see Ohio State, Nebraska, and Iowa emerging as the frontrunners along side them now that Petteway is returning. MSU and UM just will not have enough talent now that Payne, Harris, and Appling / Stauskas, GRIII, Morgan, and possibly McGary are leaving, respectively.

Class of '16

+1 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

YESSSS!     This is Gray Box worthy for me.   Freakin can't stand that kid. 

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+4 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Stauskas is a good player and all but I have to say I'm surprised at how high many mock drafts have him going (in the top 15 of the 1st round). 

Robinson's draft predictions are all over the place. Some have him at the end of the 1st round, some well into the 2nd, and others have him going undrafted.

+2 HS
RunningFree's picture

Horford transferred out and there's still talk of McGary declaring as well.  If he does in fact declare, that leaves them with no guys listed at over 6'9" returning... and that lone guy at 6'9" didn't play a single minute this year. 

Any teams with a decent enough big man are going to have some fun against Michigan next year.

+5 HS
mh277907's picture

UM Basketball Early Entrants 2014 - 2 (so far)

UM Football Early Entrants Since 2011 - 0

Looks like the football team has what we call a little bit of a talent problem..

buckeyebobcat

+6 HS
Sleepy's picture

"Little bit of a talent problem" is the understatement of the day.  The fact that they've gone 1-2 (and been competitive both losses) against OSU's roster full of 5-stars the past three years is nothing short of amazing.

-1 HS
MacG91's picture

Ohio States roster full of 5 stars? I can count the five star recruits on one hand. 

Mac..yeah

BROSEPH's picture

Robinson isn't near as good as Desaun Thomas and he stayed three years. GRIII has higher pro potential though.

Stauskas could be a stud. Kids a baller that makes every play. I could see him on the Cavs

tennbuckeye19's picture

Stauskas could be a stud. Kids a baller that makes every play. I could see him on the Cavs

That would mean I'd have to cheer for him and I'd rather not. 

+1 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

Snotkiss looks to me like a guy who's reached his ceiling. I just don't see him with any potential to be better than he already is. I really see him being a guy that will easily get pushed around in the NBA. Maybe he'll surprise me and get a lot stronger. I think that's going to be necessary for him to have any kind of success at the next level.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+1 HS