College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Starving UConn Player

NW Buckeye's picture
April 8, 2014 at 4:40pm
9 Comments

I really don't know how he made it up and down the floor in the championship game.  Poor kid. 

Shabazz Napier Starving (CNN Link)

Starving, malnourished, and hungry!

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

LMAO maybe he should apply for food stamps. Im sure the kid isn't going to bed with his belly touching his back.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

We had a meal plan when I was in school. It was all-you-can eat. We also had Buck-ID. I guess at UConn they don't feed the athletes? Another reason why all 5-stars should come to Ohio State.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I had a meal plan at OSU that provided more food than I could physically eat each quarter. I'm sure UCONN has something similar. For this reason I present to you, the worlds smallest violin.

+4 HS
otrain2416's picture

He meant he's hungry for girls, its been a long time away from campus for him. 

+2 HS
BuckeyeChris's picture

Does Sally Struthers know about this poor, suffering young man? 

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
southbay's picture

A lot of people have been questioning this.  I suspect he was exaggerating to make a point, he was talking about the fact that he sees his jersey being sold by other people for profit.  I can imagine that as a student athlete he may have to scrimp by in some way or other, but I didn't think athletes had to worry about their nutritional needs not being met.  More to come, I suppose.

Seattle Linga's picture

Please help i am hungry again.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

This kid is a punk.

Ultra talented? Yes. But his comments about going to bed "hungry" are very likely pure lies. Then he trumps that with his post-game interview. The first question Jim Nance asks him --- he goes off about "this is what happens when you ban UCONN", blah blah blah. And he starts talking about the NCAA banning UCONN from postseason play last year, (which was due to low APR scores). Guess whose fault that is Shabazz?...YOU & YOUR TEAMMATES! Not anybody else's, not the NCAA's...but you and your dumb teammates not making the grade. Quit blaming everybody else, while having your hand out. Man, he sounded like such an ass in that interview. His mom and his school should be embarrassed for how stupid he sounded.