College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

The Final From Hell

FROMTHE18's picture
March 30, 2014 at 4:46pm
21 Comments

What I feared to start the tournament may come true: a Michigan/Florida final. I didn't think UK would have a shot, but now the chances of a UK/Florida all-SEC title game is  possible too. Hope Michigan wins (never thought Id say that) over UK, but after that come on Badgers or UConn. 

ab1993's picture

Florida's road to the final four: Albany, Pitt, UCLA, Dayton.... now UConn....

Class of '16

Son of Sevenless's picture

I hope Michigan loses by 40. Doesn't matter if it is Kentucky. 

+5 HS
ab1993's picture

Kentucky hits a three buzzer beater up by 50 points against scUM. Cause they couldn't go for... 4?

Class of '16

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Kentucky's real big man is hurt and if they beat ttun they won't beat Wisky.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

The thing of it is that UK sucked all year, got an easy draw in the tourney and now may end up in the final.  Must be nice to be loved by the BB gods.

Go Bucks!

rosycheeks's picture

Easy draw? I couldn't possibly disagree more.

+2 HS
Buckeye Chuck's picture

Kentucky has played the highest possible seed they could have faced at every phase as an 8th seed (9-1-4-2). How is that an easy draw?

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

Playing 3 teams that all were good enough to win the whole damn thing is an easy draw? Not sure what you're on but I'd like some of that on occasion.

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I am nauseous already hearing that "Fail to the victors" 

+2 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I'd like to see a Wisconsin vs. Florida final match-up. From a non-biased perspective, it would be a fascinating match-up. Florida, the number one overall seed on a ridiculous winning streak and with only two losses. Florida beating UCONN would mean they would have avenged one of those losses from earlier, but who is the second loss from? Wisconsin. That would be very interesting to see a team have to beat the only two teams that have shown the Gators have a weakness. If they were able to accomplish this feat, they would undoubtedly be the rightful champion.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Anybody but Kentucky, don't care I hate what that team is to college basketball.

+2 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Its not Kentucky's fault that there is a stupid ass rule in place regarding entry into the NBA draft.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sorry but Slippery JC is a probation waiting to happen. Never once has the man ran a clean program then in the off season he demanded that the rule be changed so that the kids had to stay in for a minimum of two years. Arrogance at it's finest

+3 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I don't mind JC as much as one would think. Yes he likes to slide around the rules, but not in a way that hurts 1) his players, 2) his family. The "slime ball" coaches I have a problem with are the ones who are immoral and have no care for their players, wives, and kids. Such as Nick Saban and SEC coaches (oversigning), Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino (cheating on their wives), etc. etc. Let's not forget that Jim Tressel many would say was a "consistent" rule breaker, but there's not a guy in the world who cared more about his players and family.

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I get you but when you leave programs like Memphis and UMass with major issues and go to tucky after you said you weren't leaving, I can't ...............won't................ever trust what he says. 

+4 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

Just makes me sick Calipari get's a young team with a ton of freshman to play better than Matta ever got our roster playing this year. 

southbay's picture

Calipari's players are huge, fast and can shoot from outside.  They are just plain loaded.

Whether they come by all that talent honestly or not, I have no idea.  But if a lot of those guys come back next year,  look out.

Thad does really well with the players he has, but this Kentucky team is monstrous.  TTUN did well to keep it close.

buckeyestu's picture

Fantastic game between scum and the Uk rent a players. I was so hoping the UK rent a players would take down scum. Now onto the final 4, I will be rooting for Wisky and the Huskys.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Nice "rent a player" that speaks volumes on so many levels

+3 HS