College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

UM vs UK

Crumb's picture
March 29, 2014 at 12:34am
37 Comments

Having been born in raised in Cincinnati and being that my father is from Tennessee there is only one thing for me to say regarding the UM/UK matchup on Sunday that covers the two schools I hate the most: SUCK IT BLUE!!!

teddyballgame's picture

Don't like either of these teams obviously, but I'm gonna go with KY just because a lot of people hate them and they're playing with house money right now...keep the madness going

southbay's picture

What about the Kentucky player who left with an injury...will he be able to play Sunday?  Cauley-Stein I think.

Seattle Linga's picture

My guess is his next game will be in the fall - that injury looked pretty bad.

Knarcisi's picture

Hoping for the gaping hole to open in the gym floor. 

+2 HS
Crumb's picture

That's how I felt when scUM and Florida played in the bowl game the year Tebow won the Heisman, it was the A-hole Bowl, I'll admit I hated Florida and even Urban then for the debacle in the desert a year before...

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

johnblairgobucks's picture

Calipari and SEC vs the ass-wipes up North.

No good will come of this, except, I will know who I am rooting against in the Final 4.

+3 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I want a Big Ten Final Four: Michigan State, Dayton, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

(I will be happy though if Michigan loses.)

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I'm picking up what you're throwing down there Silver

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I think scUM is gonna smack UK. There were so many 3s that Louisville missed and scUM will knock those down all day

+2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I feel the exact same way. UGH.

buckeyestu's picture

Screw scum. Hope they get thrashed by 60 points.

+1 HS
okiebuck's picture

Bienlien a great coach; my ass; he puts his smallest kid on the baseline to inbound the ball and damm near gives the game away; twice. Hell, a decent YMCA coach wouldn't have done that.

"Fate has cards that it don't want to show"

+1 HS
Firedup's picture

To be fair, Spike is his best passer/decision maker( highest Assist/Turnover Ratio) and I think he feels comfortable asking Spike to make that play just like he does in the open court in running the offense. 

"Making the Great State of Ohio Proud!" UFM

+1 HS
southbay's picture

I agree that Belein is a good coach, and I think Tennessee made a good play on that inbounds, they were desperate.

Frankly, Had McGary been healthy this season, and in the tournament, then TTUN would have a pretty good chance of winning the title.  They still could, because when their perimeter shooting is on it really seems to help the bigs that they still have.  They really spread you out on defense.  

Not a TTUN fan here, just describing what I see.  You gotta know the competition.

TheTeam16's picture

If you cannot recognize that Bielien is a great coach, you seriously need to have every part of your higher functioning intelligence checked. Seriously, this is an ignorant statement.

CRAFTFORTHESTEAL's picture

I hate Michigan with a passion, so much I refuse to own myself or wear anything blue. Even jeans! But to have Kuntucky win would mean more bs from SEC trolls who like to hate on the Big 10. Kuntucky beating Michigan would suck.

Pay It Forward!

+3 HS
Crumb's picture

I'm with you about not even owning anything blue, jeans are my only exception and despise that blue is pretty much the only color they come in.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Buckataltitude's picture

I want m*ch*gan to lose, but do not want UK to win.

Does that make sense?

IH8UOFM's picture

Yes, but since there isnt going to be a tie we might have to settle for the winner being caught in an NCAA scandal and vacating the win(s)

+1 HS
bukyze's picture

As much as I hate UK, my hatred for scUM is infinitely greater, and infinite is an understatement.  I hope those asshat hipsters from up north get rolled by 40.  Watching their tears of despair will bring me great joy.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

I will be rooting for Kentucky. I can't root for TTUN. I don't like Calipari and the Kentucky fan base but honestly I like watching their team this year. 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I can't bring myself to root for either in this game, so I'm just going to cheer for injuries.

Lincoln's picture

I'm rooting for a sinkhole

+1 HS
blazers34's picture

I hate michigan way more than Kentucky. Although it is funny seeing UM morph into a basketball school

Ericgobucks's picture

I can never "root" for Michigan. I can't stomach that fight song, but UK is worse. We don't need that SEC bullshit and more Calipari success. I can't stand Wisconsin either, but this is the time where a strong showing by the BIG only helps the conference with recruiting and positive air time. So, while i can't cheer for Michigan or Winsconsin I hope they advance. 

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I sorta hate that cop out. It's positive airtime and positive recruiting for UM, Wisconsin, MSU. Not Ohio State. So give me a UM loss hopefully by 15-20 if they get cold and have an off game from three and give me Wiskey winning it all in the end. Sorry but them winning a title don't think would hurt Ohio State as much as UM winning one. Who wants to go to Wisconsin anyway unless you're already living there..

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

ohst8buxCP's picture

I'm a UK student so i'm a little biased but I think UK matches up well with TSUN. They'll be able to control the glass with ease with all that length. I think TSUN will hit more shots than Louisville but I can't see them being able to succeed inside. That being said UK's general fanbase is incredibly obnoxious so I understand why many on here would want them to lose.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

where are all the....sec sec sec sec sec sec sec sec sec sec sec posts? Praying to the man above that Dayton can pull one last upset off today.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

rightfield's picture

It is like picking between a pile of crap and throw up...lesser of two evils would be a UK win.

Its good to be the king

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

Calipari nearly gets every kid he wants. I do not want to see this trend continue. 

Crumb's picture

You better rob whatever bank he uses then

+1 HS
Josh P's picture

Is everyone missing the fact that the B10 has the opportunity to become the first conference since the Big East in 1985 to put three teams in the final four?  I really wish one didn't have to be Michigan... but we don't see this often and I'm kinda pulling for it.  

Josh P's picture

Also creates the possibility for an all B10 natty, and whether that was UM/MSU or UW/MSU we would get a hell of a basketball game.  

Fort Seneca Steve's picture

HEY *ichigan...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...and oh by the way in north central OHIO...YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Before there was Larry Bird, there was "Hondo" John Havilcek! The Pride of Martins Ferry, Ohio!