College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Taylor "knows failure" Lewan facing assault charge(s)

OHIOST1087's picture
March 20, 2014 at 2:33pm
29 Comments
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

So what i gather from the Facebook comments is OSU fans made up the story lol

Why make it up? We already beat you Taylor, move on

UFM_Renewal

rdubs's picture

I am just surprised they haven't figured out a way to make this Urban Meyer's fault for running a rogue program.

+3 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Give it time

Report: Urban Meyer hired 2 fans to harass Taylor Lewan after tOSU already beat TTUN....o and also Urban is attempting to run away by having brain surgery.

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

M Man to the rescue in 3 . . .2 . . .

Prosecutor must not have believed his story.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+3 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Dontre Wilson started it.

+1 HS
M Man's picture

lol.

Did you see the video?  I'll share what I think if you guys want to know but I don't want to troll your Forum.  I should probably settle down, however, since the Buckeyes cost me a billion dollars today.

Seattle Linga's picture

That was funny

With all the upsets I doubt we were the only ones that screwed you over. 

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Yes I saw the video. I watched it multiple times at slow speeds. I went into great detail about the exact chain of events when we discussed it shortly after the game.

You failed to put together a cognizant defense of your position at the time. Instead you resort to the occasional drive by repeating your claims knowing that at least some of the times it will slip through without being noticed by those who have deconstructed your BS in the past.

Your defense of Gibbons filled with half-truths & misogynistic insinuations about the victim was particularly repulsive.

You live in a world where no one who plays for your school is responsible for their own actions. Assault, sexual misconduct, unsportsmanlike play...it's always someone else's fault.

+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Would you happen to have a link to the video, SL?  Thanks.

I just figured the prosecutor in the Lewan case must also be a disgruntled former professor gadabout with the agenda of embarrassing the U at every turn.  Geez, isn't there a normal person in that town?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

OSUStu's picture

If nothing else, the evidence continues to mount that Lewan is a first-rate douchebag. 

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+5 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Anyone who hadn't already faced that fact isn't going to be persuaded by a little assault charge.

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

I said it on the other thread about this story, but it bears repeating: Dude just looks like a Grade A putz.

+1 HS
dc28's picture

What an A$$CLOWN

+3 HS
LouGroza's picture

The fans of ttun have been bashing Aaron Craft for the last four years and they adore Lewan. He was protected there by Hoke and the school for four years. Better get used to taking responsibility in the real world without that protection. Hear that Gibbons?

+5 HS
M Man's picture

No me.  I'm a huge fan of Aaron Craft.  Always have been.

As for the charge that any of these criminal matters have been covered up, hushed up, or papered over by Brady Hoke; it just doesn't fly.

Hoke has made one inexplicable move in all of this and I have openly criticized him for it, here at 11W and also at MGoBlog.  It was his assertion that Brendan Gibbons would miss the Ohio State game due to injury, and later that he would miss the BWW Bowl game due to a "family matter."  I'm actually not even so sure it is inexplicable.  I'd explain it by presuming that Hoke had been briefed on the matter and had been told by legal staff the the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act prevented Hoke from supplying any details.  So Hoke (or somebody) plucked the "Family" out of the act and said, "family matter."

But no matter how uncomfortable we might be with that statement to the press, it had no bearing on any substantive outcome.

By absolutely no accounts did Michigan athletics have any role in any investigation by Ann Arbor Police, University Police, or the university's student-investigations bodies.  No one who has any credibility says that Brady Hoke foiled any investigation.  We already know that Brady Hoke didn't arrive in Michigan until the Gibbons case was more than a year old and had been reported in local papers.  With a police investigation fully underway and largely concluded.

Hoke had zero role in the university investigation of Gibbons after the Obama Administration changed Title IX guidelines and told universities to watch themselves.  Michigan athletics was totally walled off from that investigation, by all accounts.

The Lewan street fight (?!) at the Little Brown Jug occurred after Lewan's last home game.  Lewan had nothing to do after that but play in the bowl game, while police investigated (no charges).  Not only no charges, but no real report as far as I know.  There was no cover up; no interference with police; nothing like that even alleged.

What the heck is it, that anybody thinks was concealed or covered up?

The Rill Dill's picture

Another false story------because Hoke said they do things the right way, in Michigan

+1 HS
gobucks96's picture

Bet he's regretting not going to the NFL last year...

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Makes me feel better they he flat out lied to the NFL teams about it. What a fucking pud,if he would have manned up to the trangression and admitted hey yea I was upset with the 1 point loss and beat the dog shit out of a couple fans rubbing it in. That might have made his stock more valuable as a NFL left tackle. And his voice have any of you heard his high pitched winy ass voice? He almost sounds like a female or a ten year old boy. NFL has people that will investigate and find out the truth and hopefully lying will drop him a little or a lot.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
LeftCoastBuck's picture

~~MGo reactions to the Taylor “I’m really a class act” Lewan’s latest

“Ray Lewis killed a guy. Give him a break, NFL guys. Don't jump to conclusions before anything is litigated.”

“This could just be me being biased, but anyone else think that this is just two Buckeye fans trying to do everything they can to make sure a Michigan player's draft stock falls as far as possible?”

“Buckeye fans went in looking to bait him, and he took it. That's what he's guilty of. I doubt there are too many credible (not to mention sober) witnesses who will have anything to say about this. I bet he gets off scot free.”

"To crush the Wolverines, to see them driven from their stadium, and to hear the lamentation of their fans" Conan the Barbarian (paraphrased) on "what is best in life."

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I think it may justbe you because I dont think for a second they just made it up. Pretty sure one of them went to the hospital with obvious injuries and I would hope to God they didnt beat the shit out of each other and blame this fairy.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
M Man's picture

There are dozens and dozens of posts on MGoBlog about Michigan fans being deeply disappointed by Lewan.  That it would have been better if he hadn't returned for a fifth year.  That he was a disgrace as a Michigan football captain.  "Fuck Lewan," a lot of them are saying.

I don't agree with those views; but for purposes here, I'm much the same contrarian at MGoBlog as I am here.

There are plenty of idiotic posts on the MGoBoard; there always are.  The contentions that all such things get covered up in Columbus; that OSU fans on South University after The Game deserved to get roughed up; that they must have been asking for trouble, etc.  I don't consider any of those bottom-feeders to be worth anybody's time.

In any event, Lewan is not getting defended much by anybody except the likes of me, and I'm assuredly not doing anything as part of swimming with the tide of fandom.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Gibbons and now this.. Michigan fans, still think your coach isn't guilty of hiding things? Other than the snacks in his bottom right desk drawer all the way in the back behind his Headsets for Dummies book?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

I just think Lewan is a total prick. I can't stand him. He's so smug and arrogant and clearly is a repeat offender for really bad sportsmanship on the field, and apparently violence off the field as well. Not surprised one bit. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Reminds me of a guy that keeps forgetting to take his meds.

hit_the_couch's picture

I see it's a he said she said type thing. Must not be too serious if he's facing 90 days and a $500 fine max.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Whoa Nellie's picture

He's facing a year on the aggravated assault charge.

hit_the_couch's picture

Just going by the article.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Whoa Nellie's picture

I saw that.  ESPN left a paragraph out of what it borrowed from Mlive.com   Here's the full story.

"In Michigan, assault and battery is a misdemeanor punishable by 93 days in jail or a fine of up to $500.

Aggravated assault is a more serious crime, defined as a charge against “a person who assaults an individual without a weapon and inflicts serious or aggravated injury upon that individual without intending to commit murder or to inflict great bodily harm less than murder.” That charge is punishable by one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine."