College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

ESPN is at it again

Urban Nation Army's picture
March 18, 2014 at 1:55pm
43 Comments

Interesting that they choose to say that the flagship program which won 3 championships in 4 years played Auburn in the SEC championship, rather than a 2nd year Missouri program which actually did. I'm glad someone caught this to point it out. Lol, biased much?

gumtape's picture

Another ESPN sucks thread...

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
+9 HS
nburns18's picture

Typical ESPN. They were hoping nobody would notice. Yet, i havent seem many reports on the georgia players being arrested. interesting. when hyde was in trouble it was on 24/7

"You win with people." -Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

In all fairness, they would have been in the game if they had just played 'Bama football a week earlier.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+6 HS
Ethan_Buck's picture

It all would be irrelevant if Stanford played Stanford football every week.

I dont always root for college athletics, but when i do (which is most of the time) I choose THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

They're too busy worshipping LeBron to get their facts straight.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Which brings up a good point, who had enough time when they weren't worshipping LeBron to catch the error?

+1 HS

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Jack Fu's picture

Yes, I'm 100% certain that this was a calculated move on ESPN's part, and not a random screwup by some graphics intern who works ungodly hours for no pay.

+13 HS
BassDropper's picture

They just look like idiots, imo.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
bigDbuck's picture

I was watching some BS program on there last night about the bracket. All reece would talk about was SEC BBall. Almost threw up in my mouth. Even said "watching the sec tournament, like all of you did". WTF? Who the hell watched that crap!?

Jeeves's picture

The sec plays basketball?

+4 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I hate the SEC as much as anyone, but they have the #1 seed in the tourney this year and, between UK and UF, they've collected at least 3 national titles in the not so distant past (that I can remember anyway).

Jeeves's picture

That is no reflection on the quality of the rest of the conference which is putrid. Right now its about the 7th or 8 th ranked basketball conference.

+2 HS
Zimmy07's picture

ESPN will interrupt other games multiple times with updates of SEC games - even if it is Mississippi vs Auburn as if they're doing everyone a favor - it seems to me.

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I fail to see how this graphic error proves "ESPN is at it again".

Come on guys, we're better than this.

+2 HS
Come on guys, we're better than this.
Mocking ESPiN isn't ok now?

+18 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

No. Mock it all you want. But this mistake doesn't scream "AGENDA!" to me.

+6 HS

But this mistake doesn't scream "AGENDA!" to me.

NotCincy has brainwashed you. ;_;

+5 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Nah. I'm just grumpy today.

+4 HS

This is the reason naps are so important. Miss one and you're ready to kill.

HomeBrewed's picture

Rabble, rabble, ESPN sucks, rabble, rabble

Clever Statement

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

On a side note, ESPN also took my job...

+7 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

You would think ESPN would at least get it right with the conference that they stroke themselves to every night.

Class of 2010.

+6 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

The thing that upsets me more is the arrests and bad doings.  When hyde and roby were arrested last year it was plastered all over the front page and they had a story on it every day for a week or 2.  Yet nothing even close to that for any of the eSECpn schools

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'm starting to believe the ESPN is always at it.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Look here! They misspelled Purdue! They clearly hate the B1G!

LEBRON

+13 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

And they think all Michig@n players smoke weed.  

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

And they think all Michig@n players smoke weed.  

ESPN made me double post that... Pricks!!!

+4 HS
Zimmy07's picture

That's actually kind of funny.  Pah-Rude!

TUNBUCK89's picture

Maybe they'll stop once the SEC Network is lauched. Or, maybe i'm..........delusional!

Deadly Nuts's picture

Was just looking at more fails and I found this gem.

LEBRON

+17 HS

Clearly intentional.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here is what I would do to Espin if I could - downvote downvote downvote

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

E$ecPN will milk the SEC teet until it's dry, and then onto the next one. It's really just business, but they're presentation needs work. The whole conglomerate reminds me of Jay Mohr's character at the end of Jerry McGuire trying to bro-love his client...whatever I gotta do to get the cheese man, and I mean whatever.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
bcarp87's picture

Really you think they did this on purpose and are hoping no one noticed?

You should put another layer of tin foil on your head...

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for the Chuckle Carp - that was funny

Fort Seneca Steve's picture

I haven't watched espn for some time now.  Turned all my attention to FOXSPORTS.  Fair, Factual, and Funny (not sure about balanced).

Before there was Larry Bird, there was "Hondo" John Havilcek! The Pride of Martins Ferry, Ohio!

Buckeyeneer's picture

Like many others, I only watch games on the channel. Seriously, just do that. Your life will be better, I promise.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS

Depends on the games. If it's the Heat, i'll pass. I don't feel like listening how LeBron tying his shoes proves that he's the MVP.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great comment BVTW - speaking the truth brother

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Fair enough, vs. I guess I should have clarified that I pretty much only watch OSU on ESPN. Sadly, I don't have the time to get into pro basketball or baseball or any other sport that has so many games in a season. So when you only watch OSU play on that channel, that helps filter 95% of the asinine comments.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS

Those type of comments are the reason i've cut back on my NBA intake.

-1 HS