College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Should Nebraska Get Into the Tournament?

ITWASME's picture
March 13, 2014 at 8:35pm
17 Comments

Self explanatory question. I say yes. They are one of the better teams in the best conference and are a better at large than some of these bubble teams I see. I know the losses will hurt them but I still say they should be in but I don't think they will be.

Deadly Nuts's picture

Depends on what happens tomorrow. If OSU wins then we will see, If Nebraska wins I think they are a lock.

LEBRON

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

They really deserve it. They've done exactly what analysts say to do. They got hot late in the season. 

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I think their win vs Wisconsin on Sunday locked them in regardless. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I still can't believe that spanked Wisky around

AngryWoody's picture

Joe Lunardi has Nebraska in the tourney and he gets it right 99% of the time. When you couple that with the fact that Arkansas and Cal (two bubble teams) were bounced by bad teams in their conference tourneys I would say they're probably gonna be in. Also if Minnesota wins another game they will probably be in. That will give the B1G 7 teams in the tourney. Not bad at all if I do say so.

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

They finished #4 in the B1G. Theyre IN.

+3 HS
ITWASME's picture

Under 20 wins with some questionable losses. I feel like they're that team this year that gets screwed

GoBucksOSU's picture

I think the win over Wisconsin was enough to get them in.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

I think they deserve it. They were the 4th team in the BIG 10. 

Jack Fu's picture

98 of the 102 mock brackets tracked by the Bracket Matrix have them in. Barring an insane number of bid thieves, they're in regardless of today's result.

Mortc15's picture

The committee also takes into account how a team has finished the season and Nebraska has went 11-3 since losing 5 straight at end of Dec/early Jan. They have wins @ MSU and vs Wisc and against Indiana and Minnesota who are both bubble teams. A win against OSU today would definitely get them in, but I think they may get in without it. The Wisc win is undoubtedly carrying them now though.

Buck-I4Life

Jack Fu's picture

The committee also takes into account how a team has finished the season

Allegedly they don't anymore. From a chat with Gene Smith, when he was the chair of the selection committee in 2011:

Q: I was wondering if you could restate your committee's policy on whether more emphasis is placed on the last 10 or 12 games a team plays or if all of the season has equal emphasis? 

Smith: As you know, most people know, for a period of time we had the last 10 or the last 12 on nitty gritty sheets. We decided a couple years ago to eliminate that consideration. We leave that to each individual committee member to determine if that's an important criteria for them. 

southbay's picture

I think they are good enough, although I also think they showed some cheekiness that didn't look good when they were up 18 on the Bucks.  I suspect they learned from that.

RBuck's picture

Yep. They earned it.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

ColoradoBuck's picture

Nebraska deserves a bid just as much as "lock" Iowa. I think they're set.

Seattle Linga's picture

Honestly I think they earned it - they play in the toughest conferences in America and they beat Wisky pretty bad at home.

KingsRite's picture

Yes.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-