College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Bert

Mute's picture
February 20, 2014 at 7:40pm
52 Comments

Just saw this on twitter, thought it would be pertinent to post it here

Whoa Nellie's picture

"In my expert opinion, you killed this student-athlete with your body odor, Bert."

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+10 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Plus 1 for Ducky.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

AngryWoody's picture

Sorry for my language, but what a stupid m'fer. The only reason he wants this new rule is to give himself a competitive advantage and to use a young man's tragic death as an excuse is just horrible. It's beyond despicable. The kid died in a conditioning run! Not from a ball being snapped in the first ten seconds of the play clock! It had ZERO to do with the hurry up offense at all. What a scum sucking piece of trash. I can deal with a lot of crap, but shitting on a young man's death and using it for your own advantage is just WAY over the line. I can see why Ash left for less pay. Who could work for an asshole like that?

Our Honor Defend!

+13 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

Yikes, I didn't look this up but if the kid died in a conditioning run then clearly, we can't have kids doing any kind of conditioning.  Maybe we could just convert all this to a Madden game and play it that way so that the biggest injuries are carpel tunnel at age 19.

+5 HS
toad1204's picture

A winless coach and a coach at the top of his game who has lost to certain teams because of the way they run offense want to change the way the game is played.  Sounds like somebody needs to take out the outliers in the bell curve

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Ridiculous.  The kid died during an off-season run.  He had the sickle cell trait, which the NCAA tests for now, because it is the leading cause of death among NCAA football players.

There should be some sort of harsh punishment for Bert for using a kids death to misinform people to push his own agenda...other than his cosmic punishment of looking like this:

+4 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Clearly, it is a mistake to expect logic from this mouth-breather.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Oyster's picture

Ahhhh, Chief,

In case you have not noticed, this type of exploitation goes on all the time.  I won't list names or incidents, because we can all think of numerous examples.  But when there is no outrage from the public when somebody takes a tragedy and uses it to push their agenda, why should we not expect others to adopt the same tactic?

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

This is low even for Bielema.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

Which is a reach...so many apples on that tree.

+2 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

His fat ass could stand to eat some of those apples... Hoke too.

MacG91's picture

Hes stuck using the philosophy 'three yards and a cloud of dust' and his defense can't keep up with those high moving offenses. I dont think I have ever seen a coach that is as easy to dislike as he is. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Bert and Tom Crean in a douche-off .....who ya got?

c92996p's picture

And I thought I hated Bielema before...

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Things douchebags say for a thousand, Alex.

"Success - it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I think that category replaced "Potent Potables". Even the celebrities would get this one right.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Turd Ferguson agrees.

And he thinks Bert Bielema is a funny name.

"Success - it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Bert is always looking for a better angle in everything he does. He was looking for it when he left the B1G and became the annual whipping post for the SEC. He has coaches leaving and recruits backing away from their commitments. The ship is sinking quickly.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Arkansas plays Auburn week 1. Hope Malzahn hangs 100 on him.

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Fucking disgusting. Bielema is usually just a punch line but this is just awful, even for him. Using a death of somebody to push forward your selfish case that you only want passed to help YOUR shitty football team win more games. Fuck you, Bielema.

+5 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Wow, ok, I can't stand Bert as much as the next guy...but your language is foul.

Your language offends me, and it probably violates some policy somewhere...so, please stop, I may have a hissy fit!

QB option: ride & decide.

JakeBuckeye's picture

Oh man, you've only been a member of 11W for like a week yet you've already become my favorite poster. Bravo. Keep them coming, it is entertaining.

9Route's picture

Haha you guys are making me laugh

11w is the best

I'm just happy to be here

PittBuckeye's picture

Wow Bert, this isn't the way to make friends.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I love how "SEC speed" was the mantra for a decade. Now go to message boards and see Bama and Arkansas fans clamoring to slow down the game, because "that's how it was meant to be played"

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+5 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I'll say this for Bert, football is more exciting with an evil villian roaming the sidelines. I usually don't take nearly as much satisfaction of watching another team lose when compared to the Buckeyes winning, but watching him lose is close.

I like that he is kind of a bumbling evil villian in the tradition of Cobra Commander. Every week he's gonna beat those Joes and take over the world and every week he leads the retreat in the least dignified way possible. "Cobraaaaaa Woo Pig Reeeee-treeeeeaaattt!"

+1 HS
Earle's picture

With Kermit for an icon, I thought this was going to be about Ernie's friend. Come to think of it, there is something of a resemblance:

Italics are for emphasis; an ellipsis represents an unfinished thought.

+3 HS

Thanks for destroying childhood memories. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

My wife just told me that I can't show that pic to our kids

+1 HS

Do it anyway. XD

So at what point does everyone apologize to Gordon Gee?

+7 HS
Youngbuck85's picture

Bielema has a mangina! Bielema has a mangina! 

bigbadbuck's picture

not has...is.........Bielema IS a mangina!

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

+3 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Like Angry Woody & Jake my reaction upon reading the tweet included foul language...

What a POS.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Petrino doesn't look so bad, eh Arkansas?

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Over/Under on Bert's IQ...

QB option: ride & decide.

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

I think you are giving him wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit Johnny.

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

teddyballgame's picture

I'm ashamed that he was part of the b1g for so long.

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

We have all had our fun at the expense of Bert and he is a moron, but (pardon my language) he is a classless piece of shit who has taken it to a new low.  Wow.  Bert gets paid millions of dollars to figure out a way to stop these offenses, instead he tries to get a rule change to slow them down behind closed doors and as "medical evidence" for the rule change, he cites this Cal player who died during a conditioning drill.  I would hope the AD at Arkansas would shut his mouth up (hoping for a firing) like Barry Alvarez did while he was at Wisconsin and complaining about Meyer's SEC recruiting tactics (then Bert leaves for the SEC).  If my fallen son was used to push an agenda in this manner, Bert couldn't find a place to hide.  End rant.

+2 HS
Johnny Ginter's picture

ive got an article about this tomorrow, but ill point out here as well that montee ball ran the ball 664 times over the course of the 2011-2012 seasons, more than any other player in cfb. note that bielema doesnt seem to be advocating for snap limits to decrease the amount of blows to the head that RBs sustain

AngryWoody's picture

Can't wait for this.

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

Thanks Johnny for digging to find the facts to truly display Berts outright hypocrisy.  This goes beyond football.

dc28's picture

Great facts. I couldn't agree more

buckeyedude's picture

I am SO GLAD this dude is not in the B1G anymore.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Kind of like giving the SEC our SLOPPY SECONDS

Maceyko's picture

In the full article on this he actually asks what if a kid is hurt on defense and the coaches can't get him out of the game?  He tries to lamely say that if there is no window for the kid to get off the field and he's hurt then there's nothing the coaches can do to protect the kid.  What?  I guess he can't coach his kids to take a knee when injured?  His attempt to twist everything tells you what his true agenda is and it has nothing to do with player safety.  I am so glad that he is part of the SEC now.  He is a coaching disgrace.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I get a kick out of how much you guys let him bother you. 

-1 HS
zacisone's picture

He is a D*CK! No doubt!

Zacisone

+1 HS
dc28's picture

Two Words For Bert: A$$ Clown