I noticed a lot of people asking about the scholarship situation for the men's basketball team and how we can fit new players on the future team as others leave. In an effort to make this easier for 11W followers to understand, I made a scholarship grid as seen below.
- The maximum number of scholarships by NCAA rules is 13 for men's basketball.
- No walk-ons are included in the list.
- The grid assumes no players will leave early due to entering the draft. This isn't set in stone as players leaving the team is a fluid process.
- The grid is set up such that it shows matriculation for a player on a four your college path via the colors.
- Each open spot corresponds to an open scholarship. For example: we have one more open scholarship for the 2014 class, so we can add one more player. Jahlil Okafor maybe?
Hopefully this helps bloggers understand our scholarship situation so we don't have worry about Creaning; not that Thad would ever do that. I'll try to update this list whenever we get a recruit or lose one to the NBA draft. Finally, I'll get around to making one for the football team but that might take a bit longer to do. If any edits need to be made please point them out. Go Bucks!