Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XXIV

+8 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
May 29, 2017 at 2:51pm
16 Comments

Time for another one.

Up first we've got a great song from Finnish metal lords Insomnium. This song, "Where the Last Wave Broke" was among the first by Insomnium to feature a mix of clean vocals with their traditional growls, producing a song that mixed some of the best elements of American metal and metalcore with a European melodeath sound.

Let's settle down a little with this beautiful ballad by indie group Lavender Diamond. This song is an immersive experience, best experienced by closing your eyes. This is "All the Stars."

How about some comedy? This next song (with accompanying video) is by rapper Lil Dicky. Now, Lil Dicky is complicated for me, because on the one hand I admire his flow and think he can be very funny, but he's also kind of a douchebag for a lot of reasons that I won't get into now. That all said it doesn't stop me from enjoying most of his songs. This is "Lemme Freak."

I've made no secret about how much I enjoy the music of Egyptian popstar Mohamed Hamaki, so here's another of his songs from his newest album Omro Ya Meghib. This song "Nesit" features a nice little funk-inspired riff that plays perfectly with Hamaki's smooth vocal delivery.

Up last we have a song from one of the most underrated American artists of the last fifty years, Lonnie Mack. This is the aptly named song "Too Rock for Country too Country for Rock'n Roll."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments