Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Stay at 17 inches

+6 HS
0H-10's picture
May 20, 2017 at 4:49pm
29 Comments

As a leadership facilitator/coach I am always looking for a spark to offer others...read this and wanted to share with the good folks here. This guy mentions church but it is not about religion. It mentions government but is not political. Just a great lesson from what sounds like a great coach. One of the best I have read in my lifetime. Enjoy!

Excerpt: 

“You’re probably all wondering why I’m wearing home plate around my neck. Or maybe you think I escaped from Camarillo State Hospital,” he said, his voice growing irascible. I laughed along with the others, acknowledging the possibility. “No,” he continued, “I may be old, but I’m not crazy. The reason I stand before you today is to share with you baseball people what I’ve learned in my life, what I’ve learned about home plate in my 78 years.”

Several hands went up when Scolinos asked how many Little League coaches were in the room. “Do you know how wide home plate is in Little League?” After a pause, someone offered, “Seventeen inches,” more question than answer.

http://www.sperrybaseballlife.com/stay-at-17-inches/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments