Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

New baby on the way... Need some name help.

+5 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
May 11, 2017 at 2:00pm
99 Comments

In a few weeks, my fiancé and I are expecting our first child.  A baby boy.

Here are the following options we've discussed, I'll start with her suggestions, then mine...

1. Isaac David
2. Daniel Oscar
3. Jeremiah David

Now here's mine:

1. Edward George
2. Christopher Spielman
3. Alexander Woodrow

Here's the thing... The only reason I'm posting this is because she actually is defaulting to me to pick the name.  She says those six names are all okay with her, even having Spielman as the middle name...  So I'm torn... Yes of course I'd like to name my son in honor of my favorite team of all time, however, I do want to be fair to her because, as she is a huge Buckeye fan, her preference originally was to not have our son's name tied to any one specific thing except perhaps family (David being my dad's name and her grandfather's name). 

What do you think 11w?  Do I go with a Buckeye inspired name?  Or should I be fair about the overall experience and pick a name that isn't reflective of anything in particular? Growing up in Ohio with the name Edward George might be difficult...  Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 99 Comments