Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Unforgettable Tales From Your Time at Ohio State (or college in general)

+9 HS
BuckInChicago's picture
May 2, 2017 at 11:21am
96 Comments

Since it’s Tuesday and I’m avoiding doing actual work, I figured I’d take the time to start a forum post.  I’m getting close to graduating with my Masters and some of my buddies in my program and I were reminiscing over some brews the other day about the last few years.  This also got me thinking back to my good ol’ undergrad days in Columbus and some of the things that happened that I will always remember.

I think one of the most ridiculous things that happened to me was when I was moving into Mack Hall my sophomore year (lived on campus for two years for some reason… meh) and the student volunteers who helped everyone move into the building lost all my clothes.  And when I say all my clothes I mean ALLL my clothes.  I remember unloading them from the car into one of the red bins they use to take everyone’s belongings into the building and some girl insisting they have it from there, and for my Mom and I to go in the other entrance to find the room and all.  Once we got up to the room on the 2nd floor we waited for a period.

After an hour or so it became apparent that something was up so we started asking around and got the RAs involved.  Well, several hours go by and still nothing… I had the clothes I was wearing, other stuff for the dorm room, but no clothes at all.  Eventually it was obvious they weren’t showing up… the RA staff and administrators started searching all over, including going through the tunnels underneath all the dorms on south campus.  Over the next week or two OSU staff searched multiple dorms, went door to door, and offered a monetary reward if anyone knew anything about the clothes.  Nothing.  Finally, it was obvious the clothes weren’t going to turn up so after the first couple of weeks of wearing my roommate’s shorts and a couple things I picked up in the meantime, I got to go shopping on OSU’s credit card with a lady from the Office of Student Affairs.

Fast forward to the end of the year, I had already driven home after finals when I got a call from the dorm director saying they had my clothes.  Before that I just figured someone was an asshole and chucked them in a dumpster or something dickish…. Instead they found them in another room in Mack… still in one of those lovely mesh hampers and not disturbed at all.  Apparently there were four guys who lived in this room and they didn’t talk to each other AT ALL.  Somehow with people asking about missing clothes, none of them thought to tell their roommates to get the clothes out of the room and put them in the wardrobes or whatever they call them in the dorms.  I drove back down to Columbus, picked up my clothes, and started the long process of going through the massive amounts of clothing I didn’t need.

Thinking back, what are some of the stories you all have from Ohio State (or wherever you may have been for college/college years)?  Cheers!  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments