Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XVIII

+8 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
April 17, 2017 at 10:34am
29 Comments

Hello everyone.

I'm feeling a bit tired and sleepy today so I won't write in the usual level of detail. Instead I'll just briefly introduce each song in today's medley.

Up first is a song I recently heard playing on the radio at my gym, only for it to be abruptly switched over to some crappy contemporary dance music while I was in the middle of my bench press set. Grade A fuckery, right there, so I'm finishing it here. This is "Walk" by Pantera.

This next song is the one I turn to whenever someone tells me that the German language is "ugly." This song by German folk group Faun is based on the traditional English song Scarborough Fair (most famously covered by Simon and Garfunkle). It's a hauntingly beautiful ballad featuring this gorgeous refrain:

"Gehst du heute hinunter zum See
Thymian ist da und auch Rosmarin
Grüß das Mädchen vom Ufer von mir
Sie war meine Liebste, doch ich musste ziehen"

(Go to the lakeside today

thyme is there and also rosemary

greet the girl on the shore for me

she was once my love but I had to leave)

This collaboration of Jay-Z and Linkin Park will never not be awesome. This next one is "Numb/Encore."

Last up is a nice little number by Colombian electronica group Bomba Estereo. This is "Soy Yo."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments