Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Hearing Aids

+4 HS
Chic'sGhost's picture
April 10, 2017 at 11:35am
48 Comments

So, I'm looking at 60 and I can't hear a damn thing.  Played in a band in college and shot shot guns back then also.  

So, I try to investigate what these suckers cost.  Very difficult to find info even online. Visit an audiologist's office, and everything cost wise is cloudy.  They have a Bronze, Silver and Gold package. I tell them it makes no sense, as I want prices for the equipment.  They tell me the package level changes due to service levels.  Service levels?  The Gold is $7500 and Bronze is $5000. WTF?

So, my research says Costco is the place to go.  I make an appointment, and EVERYTHING is out in the open.  Prices of equipment and the service provided.  

I get a mid level pair for $1700 and I DAMN SHOULD HAVE DONE IT 6 YEARS AGO.  Incredible technology and it VASTLY improves my hearing.  Audiologist there is really great.  Price includes a free replacement pair within 24 months, and checkup appointments are free.  Anyone thinking of getting a pair, don't get bamboozled by audiologist's offices.  

Oh, BTW, Costco audiologist says most men's hearing loss is most in the range of women's voices.  I rubbed that in to my wife.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments