Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Some Maps I Done Made

+9 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
April 5, 2017 at 2:52pm
82 Comments

As part of my work for my master's degree in creative writing, I wrote a literary fantasy novel called Ghosts of Alban, which I am currently preparing to be sent out to the wide, wide sea of the publishing world. Part of writing a fantasy novel of course is crafting a world, and part of crafting a world means making maps. That was never a challenge for me because I've always loved making and looking at maps since I was very young, to the point I as a child considered becoming a cartographer.

Anyway, here are two maps, the first a map of the Kingdom of Paradigm where the book is set, and the second a more zoomed in map of Alban Province where the action takes place. You may notice that the continent bears some similarities to North America--that's intentional. Essentially it's North America flipped around with some other changes.

The first map was made on MS Paint, while the second I drew by hand with a G-2 Pilot and then touched up with MS Paint (the captions for placenames)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments