Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Anybody work in phone service? (Rant/vent thread)

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
March 28, 2017 at 9:27am
113 Comments

I work in a call-center...  Let me tell you, it sucks.  Customer service in general isn't a very fun job to have, but I feel like people feel like they can be especially nasty to someone over the phone as there isn't that face to face interaction.

I work in the medical field dealing with people and their medications.  Lots of narcotics, ED meds, things like that.  The organization I work for makes these medications available in abundance to their clientele for little to no cost, but you'd think the way the clients complain they were paying an arm and a leg for everything.

Let me tell you, it gets old, fast.  I get cussed out, threatened, people who don't even know me take shots at my family without even knowing who they are, or honestly as far as they're concerned, even exist. 

I've been doing it for almost six years, and it never gets easier.  Just this morning I had someone threaten to "stick a gun up the crack of my ass." Because he wanted his prescription for free ED medications filled before they were due.  I mean really, the nerve... 

I just posted this thread as a way to vent my frustration with the world, and my job in general.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not typically one of those "woe is me" types, and I am very thankful to be gainfully employed and be able to support my family.  But man, the verbal abuse that I have to put up with on a daily basis has really worn me down over the years.

Anyone have any customer service horror stories?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 113 Comments