Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

How many messages are in your inbox?

+2 HS
RubixTube's picture
March 27, 2017 at 11:08am
63 Comments

I came into work today to discover that my Outlook was housed (part of a company wide issue) and I couldn't really do anything because a large majority of my job requires me to be able to send/receive Emails, so I started (over)thinking about managing the inbox. 

I'm a bit OCD about mine and try to make sure to move messages out to their respective sub-folder (of which there are literally hundreds) as soon as they've been read and addressed.  Others in my office are content to have 1,500+ Emails sitting in their inbox until they eventually fall off (all Emails are auto-deleted after 2 years).  I don't expect everyone to be as anal as I am about creating sub-folders and moving messages (I try to keep my inbox under 20 at all times), but how many is too many?  Is it easier to find things (archived messages) if you leave everything in the inbox?  Are there different rules for work vs personal Email accounts?

Live long and banter...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments