Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XIV Guitars Galore Again

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
March 20, 2017 at 10:44am
30 Comments

Wassup everyone? It's me again, and I got another intravenous dose of tunes for y'all.

I'm feeling like shredding today, so it's another set of guitar-heavy songs.

Up first is a marvelous display of musicianship from Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala of Finnish metal band Children of Bodom (you'll see some more of Roope below). Here the two guitarists perform a metal cover of Vivaldi's summer theme from his famous Four Seasons suite. The sound is so perfectly on point that it sounds almost like they're playing on distorted violins rather than on guitars. Children of Bodom being once known for their neoclassical metal sound, this was a nice return to form for Alexi Laiho.

Up next we got a nice little number by one of my favorite guitarists, Steve Vai, a man who needs no introduction. This is his song, Tender Surrender:

I just stumbled on this one while searching for new guitar licks. My God. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is probably my favorite classical piano piece, and seeing it brought to life in stunning fashion with an electric guitar is absolutely glorious. Enjoy:

Any Street Fighter fans here? Well, this one's for you:

Last up, we return to Mr. Roope Latvala and his sideproject band, Warmen. This is a fantastic, dizzying composition of electric guitar and keyboard mimicking the sounds of violins and the harpischord. This song is called "Salieri Strikes Back."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments