Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2017 Chicken Tender Tournament: It's All About Respect

Ramzy Nasrallah's picture
March 15, 2017 at 1:07pm
226 Comments

I saw this today and am trying to wrestle with its veracity and intentions:

chicken tender tournament

I've always taken NCAA Tournament seedings with some levity. There are so many factors at play - including manufactured television ones - that I can accept how and where the teams land (except 2011, when Gene Smith running the tournament apparently thought well we're in the throes of Tatgate; perhaps I'll give Thad's best team the hardest possible road to the Final Four lol)

But this is different. As I examined the Chicken Tender seedings my emotions shifted from indifferent to angry to bewildered. Is this a con? How did reasonable carnivores and starch/fry oil enthusiasts land on these seedings? Namely:

• How is Burger King even in this. Did it win a conference tournament? And why doesn't it have a postseason ban for amatuerism violations?
  • McDonald's aka America's Restroom on Roadtrips, is somehow a 4-seed
  • 32-seed Long John Silver's doesn't even have chicken tenders. It has chicken planks. And they are sublime. <-- read this with a pirate accent
  • Fat Patty's has four locations and they're all in West Virginia. And it's not a chicken place. Why.
  • Who the fuck put Chick-fil-A and Popeyes in the same bracket?
  • Also, what happens if Chick-fil-A gets the Friday/Sunday draw? Forfeit?
  • Rax not only exists in 2017, it's a 6-seed and apparently it has Elite Eight chicken strips. 
  • ...and Rax is in the same bracket with Arby's, aka "Exactly Like Rax But It Actually Exists in 2017."
  • Tyson is in the tournament. You're bringing microwavable frozen tenders to the big dance? GTFO

I'll stop there. I don't know what to make of this, but I'm going to comfort myself by saying it's a Chicken Tender Tournament Bracket designed by someone who only casually eats chicken tenders. This kind of process is better left to the experts.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 226 Comments