Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley X (Guitars Galore)

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
February 20, 2017 at 9:32am
30 Comments

Hello everyone, this week's tenth edition will focus on kick-ass shredding and guitar virtuosity.

Up first we have a song from my favorite guitarist, Steve Vai. This is a song performed with the accompaniment of the Holland Metropole Orchestra to incredible effect. I will never understand how this song, Lotus Feet, never got onto the soundtrack of a movie or TV show.

Next we have a great guitar duel between Jani Liimatainen (formerly of Sonata Arctica) and Syu of Galynerus. It's an interesting contrast of shredding styles and performances, as Jani comes in with a pre-prepared composition while Syu is improvising the entire time. Who wins the duel? You be the judge:

What better way to follow up Jani's guitar skills with a song from his replacement in Sonata Arctica, Elias Viljanen. Recommend listening to this song while lifting or running or pulling a bus. This is the aptly named "Axemaster."

Now we'll track it back a bit. It's no secret that heavy metal has its murky origins in the blues, and one of the bridges between the two worlds was the speedy, hard-rocking music of Lonnie Mack. Here we see him performing alongside one of his students, the incredible Stevie Ray Vaughan. This is Wham by Lonnie Mack:

And finally, here's one of my favorite tunes from the Guitar Hero series of games, Brian Kahanek's Gemini. Still have great memories of playing this sweet, wholesome, joyful tune on my cheap fake plastic instrument.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments