Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Another lazy TIMH and tribute

+8 HS
Elks' comb over's picture
February 17, 2017 at 1:29pm
83 Comments

Since we appear to have a member "missing" I would like to post a song in his honor.

Can't wait to get him back to this Crowded House

As for today I don't have mush time to post details but:

Happy Birthday Billie Joe Armstrong, singer/songwriter for the band Green Day which should need no introduction unless you were in a coma in the 90's. If so then I apologize and suggest you give this band a listen. Like many bands from this era gone were complex guitar riffs and the solos that accompanied them, instead replaced by simple power chords that we came to love from punk rock music.

Also born today was Sveine Berge who is a part of the electronic group Royksopp. The song below is one they did with Erlend Oye (from the bands Whitest Boy Alive & Kings of Convenience) who I am a bigger fan of.

Shameless Erlend Oye plug (this band is now defunct):

Erlend Oye's work is worth checking out.

Last we have the birthday of Ed Sheeran. I'm personally not his biggest fan, but I will admit I haven't listened to him much. So rather than one of his own, here he is covering the Beatles who I am sure did something today in music history.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 83 Comments