Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Discarding old, worn Buckeye gear

+2 HS
KeithMC33's picture
February 17, 2017 at 12:27pm
17 Comments

Good afternoon fellow 11w'ers,

After this years game versus TTUN, i was cleaning up the house and took inventory of my various Buckeye shirts that i wear each week. I tend to be VERY superstitious, so every Home game requires the red shirt, road games (3:30 and earlier) require the white shirt and evening roadies get the jersey. I bought these 3 damn near 10 years ago and the neck of both shirts are getting frayed and the jersey is so beat up it looks like it was worn by the players every week. My question to you all is...do you have any particular rituals when discarding old Buckeye gear? I had the jersey on during the Clemson game and told a buddy of mine that it was time to pitch these 3 and my buddy put his beer down, glared at me like i punched his dog and went on a 5 minute rant about treating each item like i was taking down an old, tattered American Flag. Personally I've never given any thought to this, but his rant had me thinking. I was going to broach the subject with you all at that time, but i figured i would wait until a time like this when the news was slow. Figured it would give us something to BS about on a Friday. 

So, with that being said, if anyone has anything to add please feel free. if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm going online this weekend to procure a new jersey, so hopefully it brings some good luck next season!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments