Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11/18 TIMH Friday Free-For-All

+5 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture
November 18, 2016 at 8:52am
27 Comments

Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett is 54 today. A writeup was done on him last year, here it is. 

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/anything-else/2015/11/63400/kirk-hammett-metallica-birthday-timh

Bassist Rudy Sarzo is 65 today. He was born Rodolfo Maximiliano Sarzo Lavieille Grande Ruiz Payret y Chaumont (take a breath) in Havana Cuba. Sarzo has performed with a number of heavy metal acts, including Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot and Whitesnake. In his “spare” time he is a 3D technical director and co-executive producer at Ocean Visual FX in Southern California. 

Drummer Herman Rarebell is 66 today. Rarebell was born in Schmeltz, Germany, was a member of the Scorpions from 1977-1995, and was a valuable composer and lyricist for the group. He’s also been a solo artist, with his band Herman Ze German.  

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts released their breakthrough album I Love Rock ‘n Roll today in 1981. The album has sold over 10 million copies so far and included the hit cover songs - ‘I Love Rock ‘n Roll’ and ‘Crimson and Clover’. This album was huge to me when it came out and was one of my first introductions to a punk-sounding record. And this 13-year old boy thought Joan was quite the dish. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments