Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

A Call to 11W - Interview JK Simmons

+8 HS
Meek's picture
October 21, 2016 at 7:33am
27 Comments

JK Simmons interview on Garbage Time with Katie Nolan has gotten a lot of Eleven Warrior attention as he mentions his Buckeye ties. GoBucks2204 posted about it yesterday. Ramzy must have been talking it up with the 11W Staff. DJ gave it a bullet point in this mornings Skull Session. The comments on that Skully are filling up with references to JK. Back in July, OhioDarryl created his first forum post to bring an interview with JK to our attention (never mind, that was JK Dobbins). Don't forget that he narrated Scarlet and Gray days as well. Wikipedia has.

In that interview, he shows that he is a true Buckeye saying he'd retire for 5 years if would mean no National Championship for blue in that time span. After recounting how he overcame the unlucky break of living in Detroit until he was 10 to become a Buckeye fan, he says he could talk about the Buckeyes for 30 minutes. We must give him this opportunity. Here's my plan.

1) Get the attention of the 11W staff on how glorious this interview would be, and how much more attention it would bring to the site. JK is pushing a new movie, so he's doing press now. Tagging 11W into that press will bring more 11W fans into the fold. Maybe JK or Gigi Rice will make forum accounts and then visit KBonay's yoga store. Also 11W reaching out to do targeted interviews will be another splinter pointing out how bad the Dispatch is at covering all things Buckeye.

2) Help 11W craft what should be included in the interview. There should be a lot of football discussion, that's what he's here for, and limited talks about his work. In the comment section below, list out what should be included in the one or two questions about his work. I'm going to stump for his role as a white supremacist gang leader in Oz.

3) Find a Buckeye fan who has contacts in the industry. Who wants to be the big shot to make this happen? Cash in a real life favor for maybe 10 upvotes. Maybe Brohio, the Hollywood movie executive, knows someone.

4) The interview happens. It's great, everyone agrees it's was an interesting article. I update his Wikipedia page to include more Buckeye references and link 11W, bringing even more fame and clicks to the site. Then everyone goes on about their lives, except . . .

5) JK strikes up a friendship with me through the comment section! He borrows a fake moustache and beard from a movie make up buddy and comes to my tailgate. You can come too, just bring beer and chicks, but don't crash it, RK84. It will be the one without the Chive flag.

6) College Gameday picks up on all the buzz. They make him the celebrity guest picker when they come to Columbus on 11/26. This is really the endgame of my plan.

What steps did I miss? Who else can we recruit in the effort? We've got to make this happen, people.

[Mod Edit: Moved to Site Stuff.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments