Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

10/5 TIMH The Gangster of Love

+10 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture
October 5, 2016 at 12:36pm
30 Comments

Steve Miller is 73 (wow) today. Very briefly...he was kind of a child musical prodigy, grew up around Les Paul, started out as more of a blues artist, hit it big with The Joker album in 1973, has a ton of well-known '70s singles, still tours today, recently went off on the music industry and rock and roll HOF after his 2016 induction - "This whole industry fucking sucks and this little get-together you guys have here is like a private boys' club and it's a bunch of jackasses and jerks and fucking gangsters and crooks who've fucking stolen everything from a fucking artist. Telling the artist to come out here and tap dance. I came out here for my fans. I came out for the people who take it seriously. And if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame wants to be taken seriously, they need to put their books out in the public. They need to fucking become transparent. They need to stop lying. They need to stop all the bullshit and they need to clean it up and they need to expand it." 

And get off his lawn. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments