Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Myles Pizza Closing Sunday, October 2nd

+8 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
September 26, 2016 at 4:56pm
54 Comments

Many commenters on here have posted about Myles, so I felt obligated to share this sad news.  The best pizza I will ever know is shutting its doors on October 2nd once all supplies are gone.  For those who don't know, Myles is a pizza pub in Bowling Green, OH, known for its massive amount of cheese, toppings, and delicious sauce. 

If you want to grab one last pie, they are reporting a 3-hour wait as of Monday.

The article with video is below, but basically Chip, the owner, is retiring and will not sell his sauce recipe.  For 39 years, he has made every ounce of pizza sauce by himself and he would like to keep the recipe in the family.  The building finally sold after being on the market for two years, so Chip is calling it quits and is looking forward to enjoying his retirement.  Chip and his family were a huge part of the Bowling Green community, having owned several businesses along the way.  While I wish the younger Myles generation would find a way to keep it going, I can't blame the man for wanting to enjoy his retirement.  Chip was one of the hardest workers Bowling Green has ever known.  Hats off to you, my man!

http://www.sent-trib.com/multimedia/video-myles-pizza-pub-closing-this-w...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments