Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tuesday Ramblings - Off-Topic Edition

+3 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 20, 2016 at 8:51am
117 Comments

Since the Buckeyes are off this week, Ramblings will be, too.

Speaking of the Buckeyes briefly; what a win in Norman!  I seriously wasn't expecting utter domination like we saw Saturday night/Sunday morning.  With such a young team in a hostile road environment for the first time I just assumed there would be hiccups.  There were some in the form of penalties but not in play.  Enjoy the off week.

Now on to the important stuff.  Parenting is fucking hard, man.  But you know what's harder than parenting?  Being a husband and a parent.  Yesterday was no exception.

My wife has been through some stuff in recent months and I generally try to have sympathy for that.  She's been home with our kids since we have to wait to put them in the new day care but we have a friend who comes over every morning to assist with things, so it isn't all that bad.

I came home from a 9 hour workday yesterday and the fun started.  My kids were being kids.  You know, whining about absolutely nothing and just being general turds.  They're kids aged 2 and 9 months, it happens.  So I cooked up a nice steak and potato dinner and did the dishes.  From that point I took my kids upstairs for bath time.  I then told my wife I wanted to head down to the basement for a workout at which point her mood toward me changed.  I got my workout in and felt pretty good about it.  The kids are now in bed.  And this is where most men can relate.

Mrs. YTown explained to me that I am selfish because she had a bad day and wanted time to herself and I shouldn't have run a couples miles on the treadmill and lifted weights for my own sanity.  Even better, when I told her she should have just told me she needed some time she then explained that I should have read her body language.  Yes, this happened and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  My question here is what the fuck am I supposed to do about that?  Well, I bit my tongue and told her I'd talk to her tomorrow.  Was it the right move?  I don't know.  What is the right move here?

And now on to your beer of the week.  A bye week deserves a beer worth enjoying over time.  A smooth and tasteful beer that still is one you want to sip on so as not to miss it's amazingness.  Anchor Porter by Anchor Brewing does the trick.  It's a pricey six pack, 13 bucks to be exact, but well worth the coin. 

Drink up!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 117 Comments