Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Terribly timed vacation advice

+3 HS
Fawn Liebowitz's fiance's picture
August 31, 2016 at 8:48am
92 Comments

First time writer, long time reader...
My wife and I are going on a wonderful vacation. Lisbon, Portugal, Madrid and Barcelona Spain, for two whole weeks. We had been planning it for a long time, just waiting for the cheapest time to book. Then the brexit happened and we booked and we rejoiced, and all was well in the world. 

Sadly then I realized I will not only miss 1 football game, but 2 full games and will be landing at kickoff of the 3rd. Even worse, the 2 games I'll be missing are night games. 

I have tried looking around, but I cannot seem to find anywhere I can go to view the games. We'll be in Madrid on 10/15 for the Wisconsin game, but that wont start until 2 am their time. Then I will be in Lisbon on 10/22 for the Penn St. game, which will start at 1 am their time. 

I will dvr, and follow on my phone if need be. I'm just trying here, for one last attempt (besides asking locals when I am there) to see if someone knows of either an Alumni club that shows games all night, or even just an all night sports bar that wouldn't be for soccer. 

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments