Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

PC LOAD LETTER?!? - Goodbye 2016 Offseason

+11 HS
NavyBuckeye91's picture
August 25, 2016 at 8:59am
126 Comments

As we near the end of the offseason, I find myself needing to release a little pent up steam.  Anyone else need to kick the $#!+ out of something or someone?

I spent a couple of mind-numbing years working in a cubicle in the five-sided wind tunnel on the Potomac.  Our tight-nit group of highly-trained military professionals PowerPoint Rangers, shared a universal love for the 1999 movie Office Space.  A lot of this had to do with our utter distaste for cubicle hell and its associated dysfunctional office equipment.

PC LOAD LETTER?!?  What the f@#$ does that mean.

(NSFW - unless you turn down the volume)

Apparently, we were not alone.  According to this WSJ article, you and your family, friends and/or office mates can now book a 'rage room' for the reasonable price of $75 for 45 minutes. In that time you can smash/break/destroy as much office equipment as you like...including a printer.

The enthusiasm for printer (and fax machine) smashing has also reached the ranks of college football.

University of Houston football coach Tom Herman didn’t seem to suffer any ill effects after a recent appliance shellacking.

Every February, college coaches around the U.S. rely on printer-fax combos for signing day, when high-school football players commit to their future schools by signing an agreement and faxing it in. After a particularly glitch-filled signing day earlier this year, the Cougars’ coach decided to give his machine the piñata treatment.

I don't remember seeing this video before, and couldn't find it in the archives, so apologies if someone already posted it.

Anyone up for smashing this offseason with a bat?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments