Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

August 16 – TIM(etal)H – ‘Livewire’ sparks the career of Motley Crue

+11 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture
August 16, 2016 at 9:29am
74 Comments

34 years ago today the Motleys released ‘Livewire’, the first single from their debut album Too Fast for Love, officially kicking off what would become a 30+ year musical journey. The band had been tearing up the LA club scene for about 9 months when this song was recorded. The album was originally recorded in 1981 on Leathür Records, but was re-mixed and re-released on Elektra records in August of 1982.

Livewire, written by primary song writer Nikki Sixx, was ranked #17 on VH1's list of the 40 greatest metal songs of all time in a 2006 feature. In addition to the debut of the metal 'umlauts', this was the first time the world got a chance to see the bad boys from LA, and despite the big hair, they were decidedly not a hair band (although its fair to say they may have spawned the hair movement). Upon seeing this video and album cover, I wanted to dye my hair blonde and get some red leather pants. Thankfully I did neither. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments