Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Refrigerator is not draining condensation.

+3 HS
Frimmel's picture
August 14, 2016 at 6:34am
25 Comments

Okay, given the threads that have shown up here in the past this is as good a place as any to ask.

I have a fridge with a bottom freezer. Said bottom freezer has a shelf and underneath the shelf a basket that moves in and out like a drawer. I don't use said basket very often. Tried to use this basket only to find it is frozen in place with water flowing from where it shouldn't. In not much longer I would have learned of this situation by the water being on the floor and not freezing the basket in place. So lucky there.

Pull the cover off the front and the drain pan typical of such appliances has not seen a drop of water in some time.

Obviously something is backed up and or frozen over with regards to getting the condensation out of the fridge.

After I get this thing thawed out how much of the fridge am I going to need to take apart to find the clog? Working on the theory that the clog came before the ice and now the water is just flowing into the freezer and making its own little glacier.

Do any of my awesome 11W brethren have experience with such things?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments