Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Good music from 2016

+5 HS
WeakSideLB's picture
July 13, 2016 at 12:53pm
64 Comments

Share any good new albums you've discovered in 2016.

A few I've listened to this year that I love. I listen to most new music on Spotify.

The Struts - "Everybody Wants" - I love this record. It has an '80s hair metal vibe but also straight ahead rock. Band is from England and the singer has a voice similar to Freddie Mercury IMO.

Sturgill Simpson - "A Sailor's Guide To Earth" - not as good as his last record, but close. He continues with great alt-country songs. His cover of Nirvana's 'In Bloom' is great.

Del McCoury Band - "Del & Woody" - if you like bluegrass, this is a good album. The band took unused Woody Guthrie lyrics and set them to music.  

Honorable Mentions:

Volbeat - "Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie" - straight ahead hard rock that is getting better and better with each listen.

Judas Priest - "Battle Cry" - new live album featuring most of their last album (Redeemer of Souls), plus the classic hits.

The Highwaymen - "Live - American Outlaws" - Live record release from these legends, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments