Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I.B.O'S and M.L.M's

+4 HS
cinserious's picture
June 16, 2016 at 6:39pm
9 Comments

I was recently approached by a co-worker with a "side job opportunity'. She arranged for me to meet a guy who was a friend of her husband. So I met the guy (along with my co-worker) and when he started talking I quickly realized it wasn't about a job, I was being recruited into an I.B.O company. They showed me the brochures and a video and tried to sell me on how I would have $$$ pouring in for life and all my financial dreams would come true. I didn't know anything about these kind of companies before this encounter, I mean i've heard of Amway,  Advocare, (via Braxton), and now I was being introduced to a new one called Avisae. They showed me the different membership levels and the three 'buy-in' tiers which would earn me 'shares' in the company. I asked about the actual products being sold and he said I only have to make my initial buy-in and use the products myself and not have to buy anything after that. Most of his sales push was about recruiting other new members and making 'lists' of people I know who fit their profile. They also were adamant about me getting out to their cult-like seminars at the lodge so I could 'learn' more about how to sell new recruits into joining. 

I took some DVD materials home and told them I'd talk it over with my wife. I did some independent research  on these types of companies and figured its some kind of pyramid scheme or shell game where money just gets moved around and the only way to make money (for those at the top) are when new recruits 'buy-in' with their hard earned money. 

I decided not to be a part of this scheme and look for actual gainful employment as a means to pay bills instead of paying out money just to help a few guys at the top of the pyramid rake in the dough. Since I didn't know this clown and he already wasted an hour of my life, I didn't answer his persistent calls. Then the son of a bitch texts me and has the nerve to question my manhood for not answering his calls!

F-him and all the other companies like that.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments