Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Rollo & Sanford and Son truck at Northfield Rocksino

+2 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
June 16, 2016 at 5:23pm
8 Comments

I know we have at least one Sanford and Son fan on 11W but I suspect there are plenty more. If you're in the Cleveland area you can meet Rollo and see the truck that Lamont used to help Fred build his empire of junk.

"He was one of the greatest and always kept people laughing," says actorNathaniel Taylor. "I really loved Redd."

You might know Taylor as Rollo – the jive-talking cat on "Sanford and Son." Yeah, that's him: The dude in the snazzy leather jacket, with the nappy hair and the mackin' plan.

On Sunday, Rollo is coming to town. He'll be reunited with the iconic "Sanford and Son" truck at the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park. The truck, which is owned by Blueline Classics of North Royalton, has been stationed at the Hard Rock this week.

Taylor will be on hand alongside the truck – a red 1951 Ford F1 -- from 2-6 p.m. Sunday. For more info, go to hrrocksinonorthfieldpark.com.

"I'll be signing autographs and talking with people about 'Sanford and Son' and Redd," says Taylor, via phone from his home in Los Angeles. "I was so blessed to be on that show and it touches my heart how many people still to this day come up to me and says, 'Hey, Rollo, man, I love you and I love 'Sanford and Son.'"

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/06/sanford_and_son...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments