Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Need suggestions on how to deal with making our 7 yo pomeranian as comfortable as possible with the E-collar post surgery?

+5 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
June 14, 2016 at 7:21am
32 Comments

We had surgery for our 7 yo female Pomeranian yesterday. she had a growth removed from her eyelid and 3 of her teeth removed. So now she is wearing the dreaded E-collar (lamp shade) so she does not scratch her eye and open up the stitches. its only been a day so the bad thing for her is she can't smell the ground like normal so she can do her business when i'm walking her. my wife wants to take it off so she can go to the bathroom comfortably. when we were leaving the vet yesterday we had no idea this would be such a problem and didn't ask the right questions I guess. I have had dogs before that have had to wear the E-collar post surgery but don't remember it being this big of a problem. we picked her up yesterday @ 4 and she hasn't been able to go #2 yet. hopefully she gets used to it. she doesn't even want to go in the grass because when she tries to smell it jars the E-collar into her. we live in pompano beach in a condo so we don't have a big yard anymore. I'm sure she will get used to it but she is kind of skiddish about loud noises or bumping into loose objects. she hates the elevator.

On a positive note it turns out the vet graduated from TOSU's Vetinarian school. so that was pretty cool. I immediately said OH and he replied with a strong and enthusiastic IO,lol. Young guy probably mid to late 30's.We started talking about the buckeye's and completely ignored the wife and our dog for a minute. South Florida is loaded with TOSU alums but I don't run into them much unless I go to Bru's room where the alumni meet. Thanks in advance for anything that will help my baby girl. Thanks in advance as I may not be able to answer back while in route to Doral this morning. O H......

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments