Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Allow me to introduce myself.. Please do the same

+7 HS
tjshaffe's picture
June 7, 2016 at 11:25am
206 Comments

I have been a member of 11w since 2012 and during that time I have chosen to engage the site mostly as a reader.  Not too long ago I eclipsed the 100 HS mark and was granted elevated privileges, so I am looking toward engaging the site and its respective users in a new way, so here it goes..

Growing up in Columbus, Ohio I really didn’t have a choice, I was born a Buckeye.  After high school, I was accepted into tOSU, but after some consideration and uncertainty surrounding my future, I took a year off.  I traveled; I did nothing; I hung out with friends and did what most 17 year olds do.  After a year of exploration I decided on a small technical college and since graduation I have pursued a career in IT – all good things.    

Now, back to being a buckeye - whether you were born here, attended tOSU, have family who went to tOSU whatever… it’s safe to say you are part of a community like no other.  We all have our own reason for our affiliation and hopefully great memories that coincide.  I remember attending my first OSU Men’s basketball game (and crying because St. John Arena was too loud) – I was little.  I have been told about my first OSU football game, although I was way young to remember.  There are stories of my pops changing me in the bathroom – I was that young.  I could go on and on with stories and memories…

At any rate, I look forward to engaging this site and its respective community the same way I do with my own family and friends – with responsible passion and undying support for the university and its student athletes and a vehement disgust of the blue and corn.  I understand there are trolls and I certainly have encountered a fair share of, let’s just say despicable fans (OSU included) at games, but they represent a small minority of this great community.  I look forward to the conversation with the majority. 

Feel free to stop by and share a memory, say hello or just yell OH..      

Cheers!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 206 Comments