Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

WOW! Internet & Cable Reviews

+2 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
June 3, 2016 at 8:37am
24 Comments

WOW! has recently begun burying fiber optic cable to bring their service to the city of Delaware.  There are currently only two options for internet here:  Time Warner and Frontier.  As a Time Warner customer, I was thinking this was a home run due to better prices, improved reliability, and better customer service.  Many people complain about TWC's customer service, but that really hasn't been an issue with me in regards to the internet.  It's more-so the reliability I've had issues with.  There's many times throughout the day when the speed is slow or the internet just drops for 30 seconds to a minute.  I've tried pretty much everything that I can do on my end, so I'm very convinced it's Time Warner's service because I had similar issues with them before only to find out that AT&T had none of those issues.

After further review of WOW!, though, I'm now not so sure this is the slam dunk I was hoping for.  WOW!'s Google Reviews are just awful - everything from poor customer service, unannounced price increases, buried miscellaneous charges, poor reliability (both internet and cable), and even $50 charges for each service repair.  There are of course reviews scattered in there from those who haven't had any issues, but the vast number of negative reviews is very hard to ignore.

Wanted to ask the 11W community if they've had experience with WOW! internet and/or cable.  The fact that you can get 60GB internet and their largest cable package bundled for $85/month is extremely enticing.  I know cord cutting is the thing to do these days, but at that price and the amount of TV/sports/kid's shows we watch, it isn't worth it to me to do that.  I currently have DirecTV for about $95/month.  I would be willing to swallow the poor customer service of WOW! for the price they offer, but when it comes to reliability, I'd rather that not go away (and I do hate that DirecTV goes out during storms, but that's really only a few times a year).

If you have any personal experience or stories you've heard about their internet and/or cable, please do share.  Thanks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments