Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

TMobile Rant & Worst Customer Service Stories

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture
June 2, 2016 at 8:45pm
54 Comments

If you've been around these parts for awhile, you've probably been subjected to an Android v. Apple debate or a wireless carrier debate. If you've paid any attention at all, you've probably seen me staunchly defend T-Mobile while Jumar calls me crazy and much of the board supports Verizon.

Welp, T-Mobile has lost one of their biggest supporters. I've been a T-Mobile customer since before they had service in Columbus, literally. They sent me a signal booster because I couldn't get service in my office inside of 270 in Columbus. I was that big of a fan of them. Which is where this story turns sour.

I championed T-Mobile to my family over the years and it ended with me cancelling my single line unlimited plan and adding  5 (FI-FUCKING-VE) family members to a 6 line - 10gb per line plan. The day I did this, I brought the signal booster with me to T-Mobile. The store manager told me to keep it and that I would receive correspondence as to what to do with the equipment.

Boy did I receive correspondence...from a fucking credit agency. I've never missed a payment on anything in my life. I pride myself on my credit score. My business is predicated on having great credit. T-Mobile never sent me anything. No e-mail, no call, no letter. Just sent me to a collections agency.

So I called T-Mobile on 5/15 to talk about it and they apologized profusely for the mix up, issued me a UPS shipping label, and promised that my account was never sent to collections, which is bullshit because Equifax, Transunion, and Experian all show that their collections agency made an inquiry on my account. Only time, ever. Anyhow, I ship the equipment out on 5/16 and it is signed for and received on 5/19.

On 5/20, I get charged $387.66 from T-Mobile on Auto Pay for my defunct account. Funny that they NOW can auto charge my account AFTER they sent it to collections, after I called them, after they issued a label, and after I sent the equipment back.

Thank God for Chase, who removed and disputed the charge, "Good for you for keep records of the UPS transactions and detailed records of your calls with T-Mobile. This is open and shut"

So, Jumar, you are right. T-Mobile is the worst wireless carrier there is, and I will be switching promptly to a new carrier. Maybe Proejct Fi.

What is the worst experience you've ever had with a business? This one takes the cake for me.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments