Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

X-Men: Apocalypse (potential spoilers)

+5 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
June 2, 2016 at 2:55pm
21 Comments

I know there are a quite a bit of fellow super hero geeks floating around the 11W forums. I haven't seen anything posted here on X-Men Apocalypse. Spoilers below.

I took my daughter to see the film last Friday. I thought the last film (Days of Future Past) did a nice job correcting some of the issues with the franchise and continued to build off of First Class. Instead, the film was quite underwhelming.

1. The Four Horseman approach never paid of, none of them were developed into any serious threats. 2. Apocalypse reminded me a mutant Oprah Winfrey passing out powers for no real reason to any mutant he stumbled across. 3. Magneto, once again, dominated the film with his good-then bad-then good again mentality. Although I did enjoy his time as a family man. 4. Casting of most of the younger versions of characters. 5. Jean being nothing more than a cheerleader for most of the movie. 6. Mystique disappearing for the later half of the movie.

I did enjoy Wolverine going Weapon X and Quicksilver being Quicksilver. The casting of Evan Peters was pretty great.

Anyone else see it? Thoughts? I should add my 12 year old daughter enjoyed the flick much more than me.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments