Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

A Friend in Need

+7 HS
apack614's picture
June 1, 2016 at 8:53am
32 Comments

As some of you may have heard there were two accidents at National Trails this weekend. They were covered by all the local Columbus news networks but names, to my knowledge, have yet to been released. My wife’s uncle, Michael James, was one of those bikers. Michael’s drag bike was his passion he meticulously prepared that bike for every event he raced in. He had actually just dropped a new motor in it for this weekend. . He came off the line at the track and the bike went one way and he went the other. Mike had on every piece of equipment known to man including a brand new $400 helmet but even that couldn’t stop the impact of going from 40 to 0 with the only brake being his body.

Mike’s injuries are limitless but to name a few, a broken right orbital bone, broken nose, fractured skull, ruptured ear drums, and a piece of his temporal bone being broken off which is still floating (for lack of better words) up there. His brain is bleeding and two nights ago the doctors believe he may have had a stroke. There is hope though as of last night his oxygen levels in his brain are still where they need to be and his EEG(?) came back normal.

I hate doing this and I promised I never would but his family needs help and there is only one place I could think of that was willing to give it, Eleven Warriors. His family set up a GoFundMe in Michael’s name to help with the steep financial burden of medical bills and to support his wife and four children during this time of need. Like I said I hate asking and completely understand if none of you donate because, honestly, why would you support a complete stranger? But I felt the least I could do to help Mike and his family was to bring this to a place I feel might help. If you aren’t able to donate I ask that you please share this on Facebook so it can start to gain some traction.

Thank you all for reading if you’ve made it this far. Go Bucks and Go Mike!

If you'd like to donate please click, here.

Update: Thank you all again for all of the support and prayers. Mike passed away last night so please continue to pray for his family.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments