Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Saturday Night US Air Power

+4 HS
GoBucks10's picture
May 21, 2016 at 8:50pm
11 Comments

So today turned into a 12 hour off-site work escapade for me and I needed a pick me up.  Thankfully, the United States Armed Forces have served up a couple nice videos in the past few weeks.  

First, I present to you some F-22s blitzing through the Mach Loop.  The F-15 that flies by last is even closer and louder.  If you're unfamiliar with the Mach Loop, strap in for a night of never ending YouTube video watching.  Be sure to crank the volume.

Last, I leave you with a recently posted video from our seaward faring friends, VFA-27 Royal Maces.  They posted this teaser for their recently released full length 2015-2016 cruise video about a month ago and even as just a teaser, it doesn't disappoint.

One final reminder for those in the general Cincinnati/Dayton/Columbus area.  The National Museum of the United States Air Force (which is free to attend) will be opening their new hanger on 8 June 2016.  If you have not been to the museum in a while (or ever), you should add it to your list immediately.  The new hanger will include most of the experimental & presidential aircraft previously held on-base which required a bus-tour to see.  I look forward to being able to see one of my favorite aircraft without the hassle of a bus ride, the XB-70 Valkyrie, one of the more brilliant expressions of pure, unadulterated air power.  It is a shame that it never made it to production status, but that is what you get with an ever changing world order.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments