Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Captain America: Civil War discussion WITH SPOILERS

+5 HS
BucksLover0214's picture
May 6, 2016 at 12:12pm
66 Comments

I saw the movie last night.  I'd rate it 4.5/5.  I didn't really like the way the early action sequences were shot.  That ultra-close, handheld camera work is annoying.  It doesn't make me feel like I'm part of the action, it just makes you sick.

Regardless the story is great.  I feel they really set up Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man for future success.  They hinted at Bucky eventually taking on the Captain America moniker (he uses the shield a few times), and planted the seeds for a relationship between Vision and Scarlet Witch.  Vision also talks about wanting to understand what the Mind Stone really is.  Barton returns to action, and there's now a rift within the superhero community that could only be healed by an existential threat big enough to wipe out the entire galaxy (Thanos in the upcoming two part Avengers: Infinity Wars). 

Peter Parker is super young in this iteration.  Sony did the right thing bringing him into the MCU.

Including Giant-Man was awesome.  Post-credit joke from Parker was good.

Didn't really think I'd want to see Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, or Doctor Strange but after tonight I guess I'll continue going.

I liked BvS, but Marvel is on another level and DC can't seem to figure it out.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 66 Comments