Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Oldchella: Dylan, McCartney, The Stones, The Who, Neil Young, Roger Waters Tapped For Summer Festival

+5 HS
Defiance's picture
May 3, 2016 at 1:10pm
20 Comments

Goldenvoice announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and the Who will perform during a three-day concert in the Southern California desert where the annual Coachella music festival is held. This is the first time these stalwart rockers have shared a billing.

What a line up, right? Any two of these would be a great bill but all these artists at one venue over a long weekend. Where can I get more information on this epic concert event?! 

Dubbed the Desert Trip , the classic-rock concert is set for October 7-9 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. Like the Coachella festival, the Desert Trip will offer on-site camping and gourmet food stands.

Two acts will perform full sets each night after sunset. First up are the Stones and Dylan on Friday; McCartney and Young play Saturday. Pink Floyd's Waters and the Who close out the event on Sunday night.

Talk about an all-star weekend, the only question is how much scratch do I need to get a ticket to this all-star bonanza and where do I go to get them!

Tickets go on sale May 9. A three-day pass costs $399; single-day tickets will sell for $199. Reserved-seating packages are available for $699 to $1,599. 

At least for this fan, I think Neil Young's manager put it into perspective with this quote.

Young's longtime manager, Elliot Roberts, told the Los Angeles Times recently that he's looking forward to the concert "more than any show in a long time." 

Sounds like a pretty damn good reason for a road trip to me. Who's in?! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments