Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tracking animals (nature question)

+1 HS
BuckeyeAirGuard78's picture
April 13, 2016 at 1:42pm
47 Comments

My wife and I have purchased land recently, with the intent of building sometime in the next few years. It's a nice bit of land, all wooded but not too many trees. It will be great for 4-wheeling, hunting or camping.

We have had the chance to walk around the land a few times since buying it.  Only once or twice did we see some deer walking around, I think just randomly. But we have found trails left by deer and possibly other animals, some scat (as I believe the outdoorsy type call it) and a few tracks are definitely visible in the wetter areas.

Back to the overall point of this thread. I think it is fairly obvious which tracks are deer and smaller ones probably raccoons. I found some strange ones that I just can't figure out. I forgot my phone when I went out the time I saw these tracks so I don't have pictures. And now with the extremely late snow we had and lots of rain to make it wet, I can't find them again. I did some google research and found some similar tracks.

Based on some interesting and maybe sketchy forums, people believe these belong to a unicorn.  Does anyone else have any experience with unicorns? Are they an endangered species? Will I have to get a certain kind of license to hunt them? Any help is appreciated.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments