Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What does a yellow light mean?

+2 HS
RubixTube's picture
April 12, 2016 at 10:05am
44 Comments

#Offseason

When I was younger, my dad used to tell us the meaning of the three colors on a standard traffic light: red means stop, green means go, and yellow means go like hell to try & beat the red.  Later in life, I would move on to my Drivers Ed classes and learn the State of Ohio's official take on the three colors:  red means stop, green means go, and yellow means vehicle within the intersection may clear.  Here in central Ohio, there appears to be a third interpretation:  red means stop, green means go, and yellow means the vehicle in the intersection along with anybody who's in a hurry or doesn't want to wait though another red light can go. 

Is this simply another indicator that Ohio is full of bad drivers or is it like this everywhere?

**Bonus Question** - Is it necessary to follow the 20mph speed limit in a school zone when school is not in session (spring break, holiday, etc)?  My wife & I have been arguing about this for a week now.  She swears to me that she's gotten a ticket for doing 35 in a school zone during summer vacation because the school zone lights were flashing. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments