Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Funny but somewhat troubling anesthesiologist story.

+4 HS
allinosu's picture
April 9, 2016 at 8:15am
14 Comments

Since my hip replacement March 15th I've done very well. I'm way ahead of schedule to the point that I only need one crutch to help me walk normally. As a matter of fact a couple of days ago I walked a half a mile on the treadmill albeit slowly. During that walk I had a sudden flash back of my pre-op. There was a masked male anesthesiologist and my assigned nurse from my doctor who I have gotten to know from doctor visits. They were going at it back and forth quite a bit with playful ribbing and even included me in their playfulness. Then the guy looks down at me as he is pumping something into my line with a syringe and tells me that from here on I won't remember anything even though I would be awake a while. My nurse then leans over me and tells me not to worry that she won't let him do anything weird to me. I remember thinking "thanks for that thought". I was able to get out to her "please don't leave the room" and could hear them burst into laughter before going blank. I had to meet with my nurse yesterday and I brought up my pre-op. She started laughing and said I was so funny but she didn't want to bring it up because she wasn't sure what I remembered. My wife put her head in her hands and said "Oh God, don't tell me any more". She knows I could have said anything. My nurse is a beautiful young lady and now I wonder if the drug loosens the tongue to the point I could have said something worse or it just makes me forget.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments