Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My super important, must read take on Batman v. Superman, a movie I won't watch.

+11 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture
April 6, 2016 at 1:31pm
125 Comments

Batman v. Superman is a flawed premise.

People who know things about comic books tell me that Batman and Superman live in the same universe and that having them appear together in a movie isn't a problem.  They're probably right because I don't know what I'm talking about, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Superman relies on supernatural/magical powers to get things done.  The entire appeal of Batman (to me) is that he doesn't depend on those things and, therefore, it's possible to write a Batman script that is quasi real-life.  Superman can't be real-life from the jump.

So why put Batman together with Superman?  Why not have Superman accompany Peter Pan to Neverland and kick Captain Hook's ass?  I might actually watch that.  Or maybe he could have gone and saved a few Jedi's before the Empire got in control of the galaxy?  Having a pissing match with Batman seems like a waste of time for Superman and an unnatural habitat for Batman. 

Batman can handle Gotham - he's been doing it for awhile.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 125 Comments